September 13, 2023
$33,573 - $37,781
The Dock Clerk manages inventory levels and record keeping within a central storeroom for the Pennsylvania Judicial Center. This position is responsible for the reception, storage, and delivery of goods to ensure the efficient operation of the Center.
- Maintains the general appearance and functionality of the loading dock and the surrounding areas.
- Ensures the loading dock, staging areas, and equipment and goods stored in these areas are secure; Interacts with Capitol Police regarding security issues related to the loading dock, surrounding areas, and incoming/outgoing deliveries.
- Receives, examines, and records the receipt of goods; stores goods in proper storage places; Receives delivery orders.
- Logs incoming and outgoing shipments noting the date of receipt/shipment, contents, and destination; inspects quantity and quality of commodities to ensure conformance to specifications; accepts or rejects goods as indicated; Completes a receiving report noting partial or damaged shipments, matches receiving report to original purchase order and processes accordingly.
- Coordinates sending/receiving large shipments with judicial center occupants. Assembles and packs shipments; contacts transportation companies to arrange shipment; oversees and assists in properly loading goods.
- Utilizes USPS, Fed-Ex, and UPS online express mail systems and tracking software.
- Interacts with delivery companies and other vendors regarding pick-ups and deliveries; Assists with problem resolution regarding pick-ups and deliveries.
- Reception and/or delivery of goods throughout the building; Operates hand trucks, pallet jacks, and other storeroom equipment to move oversized or heavy materials.
- Provides backup support to assistants, as needed.
- Collaborates with the Central Services supervisor to resolve delivery/shipment scheduling conflicts that may arise.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- One year of experience in a stockroom, warehouse, or performing clerical tasks.
- An equivalent combination of education, experience, and/or training may be considered.
- A satisfactory criminal background check is required.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- Excellent benefits program including comprehensive, low-cost medical, dental, vision, and prescription plans for employees and eligible family members beginning on the first day of employment; 13 paid holidays, 12 paid sick days, and 12+ paid vacation days per year; salary increases; student loan forgiveness plan; employee assistance programs; and retirement plans.
- Free parking.
Unified Judicial System Hiring Policy
The Unified Judicial System of Pennsylvania recruits, employs, and promotes the most qualified applicants without regard to their political affiliation, race, color, age, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, or other non-merit facts or considerations. Reasonable accommodations will be provided to applicants with disabilities as may be necessary to ensure that all applicants are given a fair and equal opportunity to compete for all employment positions. Applicants who need accommodation for an interview should request so in advance. UJS hiring and employment policies and procedures are intended to conform to all applicable state and federal laws governing fair and non-discriminatory hiring and employment practices and are subject to change as necessary to remain in compliance with such laws.
Applicants requiring accommodation, for any part of the application and/or interview process, should contact Human Resources at (717) 231-3309 or firstname.lastname@example.org.