IT - Programmer Analyst
September 08, 2022
$74,307 - $87,629
This is a professional information technology position responsible for providing high quality analysis, design, development, coding, testing, implementation, and maintenance required for the Case Management Systems. This requires the use of object-oriented methodologies, Visual Basic .NET, XML, Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) and Sybase T-SQL. This position will be expected to provide some limited supervision, in a team-based working environment.
- Leads the development, verification, and deployment phases for system functional areas, utilizing resources from multiple technical teams and working with analyst and database technicians.
- Coordinates and directs development staff during design meetings to create detailed designs using Object-oriented methodologies based on design and business needs.
- Evaluates and recommends solutions based on approved designs, understanding of business needs and available technologies.
- Utilizes enterprise change management tools to guide defect resolutions and enhancements through the analysis, coding, testing, and deployment phases.
- Performs complex coding and analysis of the Presentation Tier of client/server systems, using VB.NET, WinFoms, third-party and custom-built control libraries, and Sybase T-SQL while meeting established deadlines.
- Performs complex coding and analysis of Middle Tier services using WCF with HTTP and TCP protocols.
- Analyzes database objects to determine how the design relates to the code and suggests database changes as needed to meet coding and business needs.
- Queries and analyzes detailed transaction logs for statistics and troubleshooting.
- Determines and clearly documents impact analysis and regression testing required due to coding changes.
- Bachelor’s degree with an IT-related major or minor, AND
- Four years of related IT experience.
- An equivalent combination of education, experience, and / or training may be considered.
- Prior experience with Visual Basic .NET, WinForms, Azure DevOps, and WCF is preferred.
- Satisfactory criminal background check is required.
Unified Judicial System Hiring Policy
The Unified Judicial System of Pennsylvania recruits, employs, and promotes the most qualified applicants without regard to their political affiliation, race, color, age, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, or other non-merit facts or considerations. Reasonable accommodations will be provided to applicants with disabilities as may be necessary to ensure that all applicants are given a fair and equal opportunity to compete for all employment positions. Applicants who need accommodation for an interview should request so in advance. UJS hiring and employment policies and procedures are intended to conform to all applicable state and federal laws governing fair and non-discriminatory hiring and employment practices and are subject to change as necessary to remain in compliance with such laws.
Applicants requiring accommodation, for any part of the application and/or interview process, should contact Human Resources at (717) 231-3309 or firstname.lastname@example.org.