IT - Sybase Operations DBA
September 08, 2022
$74,307 - $87,629
This is an advanced technical position responsible for understanding the organization's database installations stores, maximizing end-user productivity. Responsibilities include planning, installation, monitoring, and maintenance of database server software as well as working with other technical teams to assist in the creation and maintenance of their databases. The individual in the position will ensure best database administration practices for all Microsoft SQL Server and SAP (formerly Sybase) Adaptive Server Enterprise installations and assist staff with database creation, customization, and scripting.
- Manages and performs detailed functional development and testing of database server administration maintenance scripts to include: backups, index defragmentation, database consistency checks, and log checks.
- Monitors and addresses database server performance issues to include: running SQL profiler, identifying long-running SQL, advising development teams to improve performance, optimizing performance using techniques including indexing and schema normalization/denormalization, capacity planning, and server resource usage.
- Develops and maintains data integrations using SSIS.
- Administers security and maintains logins.
- Writes and maintains appropriate documentation of policies and procedures for database administration functions.
- Handles on-call issues by responding to automated monitoring notifications and calls from other staff as required. Problem analysis and resolution may in some cases be accomplished through remote access to AOPC systems but may at other times require physical presence at AOPC facilities.
- Bachelor’s degree with an IT-related major or minor. PLUS
- One year of IT experience which involved the analysis, design and maintenance of databases in overall support of database administration, or
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Satisfactory criminal background check required.
Unified Judicial System Hiring Policy
The Unified Judicial System of Pennsylvania recruits, employs, and promotes the most qualified applicants without regard to their political affiliation, race, color, age, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, or other non-merit facts or considerations. Reasonable accommodations will be provided to applicants with disabilities as may be necessary to ensure that all applicants are given a fair and equal opportunity to compete for all employment positions. Applicants who need accommodation for an interview should request so in advance. UJS hiring and employment policies and procedures are intended to conform to all applicable state and federal laws governing fair and non-discriminatory hiring and employment practices and are subject to change as necessary to remain in compliance with such laws.
Applicants requiring accommodation, for any part of the application and/or interview process, should contact Human Resources at (717) 231-3309 or firstname.lastname@example.org.