District Court - District Court Administrator (21-01)
January 8, 2021
37th Judicial District, Forest/Warren Counties
$50,000 - $99,043
This senior management position is responsible for the administration of court functions for the 37th Judicial District comprised of Forest and Warren Counties. Responsibilities include caseflow and court scheduling, jury management, budgeting and procurement, personnel administration, facilities management, information technology, and public relations for the Court of Common Pleas and the Magisterial District Courts in both counties. The position serves as a liaison with other government agencies and departments. Work is performed independently under the direction of the President Judge.
- Provides supervision, direction and assistance to deputy court administrators, court staff, and departments under the court and magisterial district offices.
- Oversees recruitment and other aspects of personnel management; prepares posting of positions within court departments; reviews applications and attends salary board meetings when required.
- Coordinates court functions including: scheduling of trials and other proceedings, assignments of judges, courtroom, court reporters and tipstaves.
- Administers the flow of litigation in the 37th Judicial District; monitors pending caseloads, implements procedures to support effective calendar management to ensure compliance with case disposition time standards.
- Evaluates space, equipment and facilities to meet the needs of the court and court departments, overseeing projects involving current and proposed facilities.
- Actively pursues projects to increase security for court personnel, attorneys and litigants; works with county government officials on committees regarding policies, evacuation plans and other protective measures.
- Manages all aspects of jury service assisted by deputy court administrators, including request for state reimbursement and statistical reports.
- Supervises administration of offices of magisterial district judges, including structuring their reorganization when required. Responds to audit issues and other matters as needed.
- Prepare and preliminarily approves the annual operating budget and capital budget for the court and court departments, working with department heads to develop individual budgets; presents budget to President Judge and negotiates the needs of the court as needed.
- Serves as liaison between the 37th Judicial District and AOPC to complete surveys and provides information as requested; attends meetings of Pennsylvania Association of Court Management, training seminars and regional unit meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree in Judicial, Business, or Public Administration, or closely related field; AND
- Two years of professional-level experience in court management or three years of varied office management work including professional-level experience in budgeting, procurement, and human resources management.
- An equivalent combination of education, experience, and / or training may be considered.
- Satisfactory criminal background check required.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and leadership skills required.
- Ability to innovate and manage complex projects required.
Unified Judicial System Hiring Policy
The Unified Judicial System of Pennsylvania recruits, employs, and promotes the most qualified applicants without regard to their political affiliation, race, color, age, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, or other non-merit facts or considerations. Reasonable accommodations will be provided to applicants with disabilities as may be necessary to ensure that all applicants are given a fair and equal opportunity to compete for all employment positions. Applicants who need accommodation for an interview should request so in advance. UJS hiring and employment policies and procedures are intended to conform to all applicable state and federal laws governing fair and non-discriminatory hiring and employment practices and are subject to change as necessary to remain in compliance with such laws.
Applicants requiring accommodation, for any part of the application and/or interview process, should contact Human Resources at (717) 231-3309.