District Court - Deputy Court Administrator (20-17)
September 1, 2020
First Judicial District, Philadelphia County
$65,492 - $130,989
This senior management position is responsible for the day-to-day management and supervision of the Procurement Unit of Court Administration of the First Judicial District (FJD) of Pennsylvania. Work is performed with a high degree of independence under the general direction of the FJD’s District Court Administrator.
- Develops, plans, and directs all daily Procurement operations and activities through subordinate administrators and supervisors.
- Directs all areas of administrative operations including human resources management, fiscal management, budget analysis and preparation, public relations, policy development, and procurement.
- Reviews existing and proposed operating plans, policies, and procedures with department supervisors and staff; recommends and implements changes as necessary.
- Conducts analytical studies of operations, space, and organization.
- Collects information, evaluates resources and projects resource requirements for staffing and planning purposes.
- Gathers, analyzes, and presents data for the preparation of budgetary reports.
- Conducts and/or participates in bid processes and contract negotiations for outside services.
- Manages and oversees requests for equipment, supplies and services.
- Directs personnel activities for the Department and maintains a liaison with the Human Resources Department.
- Mediates, remedies, and/or escalates internal disputes and conflicts; administers disciplinary procedures.
- Reviews reports and studies of time, attendance, and sick leave usage.
- Conducts needs assessments and coordinates training for Department personnel as warranted.
- Maintains liaison with Court Administrators, Judiciary, all departments and functional areas, and justice partners.
- Makes presentations regarding Procurement protocol, procedures, and operations as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in Judicial, Business, or Public Administration, or closely related field; AND
- Five years of experience in court management or eight years of varied office management work including experience in contract drafting/review/negotiation, budgeting, procurement, and personnel management.
- An equivalent combination of education, experience, and / or training may be considered.
- MBA, MJA, MPA, or JD preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of the Court system and its administration required.
- Knowledge of Procurement operations and/or management required.
- Satisfactory criminal background check required.
Unified Judicial System Hiring Policy
The Unified Judicial System of Pennsylvania recruits, employs, and promotes the most qualified applicants without regard to their political affiliation, race, color, age, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, or other non-merit facts or considerations. Reasonable accommodations will be provided to applicants with disabilities as may be necessary to ensure that all applicants are given a fair and equal opportunity to compete for all employment positions. Applicants who need accommodation for an interview should request so in advance. UJS hiring and employment policies and procedures are intended to conform to all applicable state and federal laws governing fair and non-discriminatory hiring and employment practices and are subject to change as necessary to remain in compliance with such laws.
Applicants requiring accommodation, for any part of the application and/or interview process, should contact Human Resources at (717) 231-3309.