AOPC - IT Security Technician (20-16)
August 26, 2020
$54,470 - $64,575
This is a technical position on the Information Technology (IT) security team that assists with the operation of programs for cyber and perimeter security issues, and implements new security infrastructure, while maintaining the current security infrastructure for the AOPC, Unified Judicial System network and various court agency systems. The individual in this position performs a broad range of security related duties by supporting a multifaceted information security environment with complex information and security needs.
- Configures and maintains all enterprise security infrastructures to ensure seamless network security service.
- Assists with the administration of the AOPC and Supreme Court enterprise endpoint protection program to include endpoint encryption technologies, antivirus systems, and antispyware systems.
- Assists with the administration of the enterprise security event correlation and security incident management program; analyzes collected data; researches event sources; determines best course of action for remediation or mitigation; initiates and completes remediation and mitigation activities.
- Assists with the administration of the AOPC system and network vulnerability management program; scans all UJS network-connected assets; conducts industry and vendor research on identified vulnerabilities; works with various UJS technical personnel and management to facilitate remediation activities.
- Proactively identifies weaknesses and vulnerabilities in the network infrastructure using security logs, network analysis, and observations; plans and implements solutions to mitigate or eliminate risks.
- Develops, configures, implements and maintains system security standards, policies, procedures, systems, WAN, LAN and Internet access to AOPC or court agency systems to ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of systems, networks, servers and data.
- Promotes security awareness for all security issues and ensures sound security principles are reflected in the organization’s vision, short-term and long-term goals.
- Provides 24/7 support for all network and security-related issues and deployments.
- Receives and responds to internal tickets to resolve network and security issues.
- Assists in the implementation of complex security programs on all security-related matters and development of business intelligence and security reports on system-wide security issues.
- Associate’s degree in any information technology (IT) field; AND
- Three years of experience performing technical work in IT security, network support, or network administration.
- An equivalent combination of education, experience, and / or training may be considered.
- Satisfactory criminal background check required.
Unified Judicial System Hiring Policy
The Unified Judicial System of Pennsylvania recruits, employs, and promotes the most qualified applicants without regard to their political affiliation, race, color, age, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, or other non-merit facts or considerations. Reasonable accommodations will be provided to applicants with disabilities as may be necessary to ensure that all applicants are given a fair and equal opportunity to compete for all employment positions. Applicants who need accommodation for an interview should request so in advance. UJS hiring and employment policies and procedures are intended to conform to all applicable state and federal laws governing fair and non-discriminatory hiring and employment practices and are subject to change as necessary to remain in compliance with such laws.
Applicants requiring accommodation, for any part of the application and/or interview process, should contact Human Resources at (717) 231-3309.