District Court - District Court Administrator (20-08)
February 12, 2020
First Judicial District, Philadelphia County
$86,614 - $173,184
Applications for this position are being accepted through March 13, 2020.
This senior management position is responsible for coordinating the operations of the First Judicial District of Pennsylvania. Responsibilities include court operations, human resources, fiscal operations, procurement, space and facilities management, information technology, research and planning, grant management, public relations, and liaison work with Judges and external agencies. Selected candidate is expected to perform work independently, exercising considerable initiative, judgment and discretion. The position reports to the Administrative Governing Board, First Judicial District.
- Directs the administrative and operational non-judicial activities for the First Judicial District of Pennsylvania.
- Plans, administers and manages court activities and work projects; assigns unit administrative and supervisory personnel responsibility for completing specific projects and duties.
- Reviews official directives and correspondence for changes prescribed by court programs, policies and procedures, and new assignments or responsibilities delegated to the courts.
- Supervises and / or accepts for approval all leases, contracts, maintenance agreements and purchases.
- Negotiates union settlements and agreements.
- Obtains funding from City Council to ensure efficient and effective operations.
- Oversees human resources functions, including hiring, promotions, disciplinary actions, and terminations.
- Oversees information technology functions, including staff management, infrastructure, and procurement.
- Serves as the First Judicial District’s liaison to the Pennsylvania Supreme Court, the Court Administrator of Pennsylvania, and various state, county and local government agencies.
- J.D. or Master’s degree in Judicial, Business or Public Administration from an accredited college or university; AND
- Six years of progressively responsible court administration experience.
- An equivalent combination of education, training, and / or experience may be considered.
- Satisfactory criminal background check required.
Unified Judicial System Hiring Policy
The Unified Judicial System of Pennsylvania recruits, employs, and promotes the most qualified applicants without regard to their political affiliation, race, color, age, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, or other non-merit facts or considerations. Reasonable accommodations will be provided to applicants with disabilities as may be necessary to ensure that all applicants are given a fair and equal opportunity to compete for all employment positions. Applicants who need accommodation for an interview should request so in advance. UJS hiring and employment policies and procedures are intended to conform to all applicable state and federal laws governing fair and non-discriminatory hiring and employment practices and are subject to change as necessary to remain in compliance with such laws.
Applicants requiring accommodation, for any part of the application and/or interview process, should contact Human Resources at (717) 231-3309.