AOPC - Administrative Assistant (20-05)
February 4, 2020
Assistant Court Administrator
$38,213 - $44,462
This position is responsible for a variety of administrative functions including telephone/receptionist duties and office support for the Assistant Court Administrator, Legislative Affairs and Communications Office. Specific areas of support include: handling incoming phone calls, general administrative duties; processing mail; generating correspondence; coordinating mailings.
- Provides primary telephone/receptionist duties.
- Provides administrative support to the Communications and Legislative Affairs departments; including scheduling appointments, setting up files, proofreading documents and drafting correspondence.
- Produces the daily news clipping services.
- Composes letters and other documents as requested.
- Updates and maintains media and stakeholder electronic mailing lists.
- Schedules meetings via Microsoft Outlook; Prepares a beverage setup (coffee, tea, water, etc.) for meetings.
- Makes arrangements for parking, catering and conference room amenities prior to a meeting.
- Delivers telephone messages/emails/fax correspondence to meeting attendees as needed.
- Receives, sorts and routes incoming mail.
- Orders office supplies.
- Associate’s degree from an accredited college or university; AND
- Two years of experience performing general administrative duties in a business or government setting.
- An equivalent combination of education, training, and / or experience may be considered.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Satisfactory criminal background check required.
Unified Judicial System Hiring Policy
The Unified Judicial System of Pennsylvania recruits, employs, and promotes the most qualified applicants without regard to their political affiliation, race, color, age, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, or other non-merit facts or considerations. Reasonable accommodations will be provided to applicants with disabilities as may be necessary to ensure that all applicants are given a fair and equal opportunity to compete for all employment positions. Applicants who need accommodation for an interview should request so in advance. UJS hiring and employment policies and procedures are intended to conform to all applicable state and federal laws governing fair and non-discriminatory hiring and employment practices and are subject to change as necessary to remain in compliance with such laws.
Applicants requiring accommodation, for any part of the application and/or interview process, should contact Human Resources at (717) 231-3309.