AOPC - IT Services Technician (19-36)
December 11, 2019
$47,874 - $56,608
Notice: AOPC is continuing to consider applicants for our posted vacancies during the COVID-19 pandemic; however, hiring decisions will be evaluated based on the essential needs of the position during the declared judicial emergency. Please understand hiring decisions may be impacted or delayed.
This is technical work performing installs, configures, maintenance, administration, and support of various mission-critical enterprise products and technologies, such as Sharepoint; F5 Local Traffic Managers; Case Management, ERMS and District Judge System support and maintenance; Enterprise Remote Access Solution; Microsoft Dynamics CRM; PowerShell Scripting; VMware vSphere server virtualization; Microsoft Clusters, IIS, FTP, and Active Directory; and others. Reports to the Applications Operations Manager.
- Performs system, service, and application troubleshooting and debugging activities.
- Monitors team TICKETS Manager queues; opens updates and closes tickets; ensures complete incident/problem resolution.
- Participates in the team's on-call rotation, providing 24x7 support of technical teams and end-user customers.
- Utilizes enterprise monitoring and logging tools to monitor faults and performance of services and devices.
- Utilizes various native and on-line troubleshooting tools and resources to resolve problems; works collaboratively with other peer teams and vendors to resolve problems and prevent recurrence.
- Assists with writing scripted applications in PowerShell to automate the administration and support of applications and services.
- Regularly reviews system event logs on servers; investigates anomalies; reports unusual events to management; troubleshoots unusual events; ensures all systems, services, and applications are performing optimally.
- Regularly collaborates with the case management systems (CMS) application teams to implement and support servers, services, and applications required to successfully deliver CMS services and applications to court customers.
- Maintains constant security vigilance of the IT Services environment; ensures anti-malware is updated and running in all environments; reviews security event logs daily; follows sound security practices; reports suspicious or anomalous behavior.
- Associate’s degree in any information technology (IT) field; AND
- One year of technical experience in network operations or network maintenance.
- An equivalent combination of education, experience, and / or training may be considered.
- Satisfactory criminal background check required.
Unified Judicial System Hiring Policy
The Unified Judicial System of Pennsylvania recruits, employs, and promotes the most qualified applicants without regard to their political affiliation, race, color, age, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, or other non-merit facts or considerations. Reasonable accommodations will be provided to applicants with disabilities as may be necessary to ensure that all applicants are given a fair and equal opportunity to compete for all employment positions. Applicants who need accommodation for an interview should request so in advance. UJS hiring and employment policies and procedures are intended to conform to all applicable state and federal laws governing fair and non-discriminatory hiring and employment practices and are subject to change as necessary to remain in compliance with such laws.
Applicants requiring accommodation, for any part of the application and/or interview process, should contact Human Resources at (717) 231-3309.