AOPC - Server-Storage Specialist (19-02)
January 25, 2019
$53,533 – $63,464
Performs as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for all activities related to the deployment, administration, and support of enterprise UNIX operations, enterprise Storage Area Network (SAN) operations, and NetBackup enterprise data protection supporting the AOPC and UJS case management applications. Collaborates with other UNIX/SAN team members to ensure the successful implementation of UNIX/SAN services to the enterprise. Reports to the UNIX/SAN Operations Manager.
- Supervises and performs the processes to upgrade and patch SAN operating systems, firmware, and applications.
- Troubleshoots SAN hardware, software, and operating system issues and works with operations, development staff and external vendors to successfully resolve issues.
- Perform SAN switch and disk array administration to allocate storage and to manage shared storage to multiple server environments.
- Perform data backup and restore activities using Veritas NetBackup system. This includes client maintenance and policy administration.
- Administration of the Oracle/Solaris servers to include hardware, operating system, management applications, file systems, network connectivity, and user maintenance.
- Participates in the on-call schedule when your weeks come up in the rotation to support a 24x7 operation.
- Tracks trouble tickets and document system maintenance tasks using the TICKETS system.
- Maintain team procedure documentation on SharePoint site or the team’s shared OneNote notebook.
- Write shell scripts to automate routine and complex tasks.
- Monitors systems for CPU, memory, disk usage and check logs for system errors using EM7. Recommend performance and tuning improvements.
- Maintains disaster recovery documentation and solicits meaningful input from technical staff; validates submitted information and incorporates that information into disaster recovery planning documentation.
- Associate’s degree in any information technology (IT) field; AND
- Two years of IT experience that includes one year of technical experience in network operations/maintenance.
- An equivalent combination of education, experience, and / or training may be considered.
- Satisfactory criminal background check required.
Unified Judicial System Hiring Policy
The Unified Judicial System of Pennsylvania recruits, employs, and promotes the most qualified applicants without regard to their political affiliation, race, color, age, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, or other non-merit facts or considerations. Reasonable accommodations will be provided to applicants with disabilities as may be necessary to ensure that all applicants are given a fair and equal opportunity to compete for all employment positions. Applicants who need accommodation for an interview should request so in advance. UJS hiring and employment policies and procedures are intended to conform to all applicable state and federal laws governing fair and non-discriminatory hiring and employment practices and are subject to change as necessary to remain in compliance with such laws.
Applicants requiring accommodation, for any part of the application and/or interview process, should contact Human Resources at (717) 231-3309.