AOPC - Citrix Server Specialist (19-01)
January 17, 2019
$53,533 – $63,464
This is a technical position responsible for the configuration, design and analysis of the Citrix application infrastructure. Responsibilities also include the operation and support of VMware and Citrix environment that consists of 300+ XenServer, XenApp and supporting servers, and services 12,000+ end users throughout Pennsylvania. Supported ancillary products/technologies include: server load balancing, Active Directory, Windows server administration, server virtualization, and file and print services. The selected candidate will work independently under limited supervision.
- Performs advanced-level server administration, configuration, troubleshooting, and problem diagnosis for the Citrix infrastructure, including the interdependent, integrated, and ancillary products and technologies.
- Performs level-2 and level-3 problem management for the Hosted Applications team; solves complex network / server / application / infrastructure level problems on an individual level; interfaces with other technical teams, as needed.
- Automates the various provisioning and support functions of Citrix, Windows server operating systems, and other systems and technologies; writes, reviews and debugs application programs and scripts; reviews, diagnoses and resolves syntax and logic errors with server automation programs.
- Assists with the creation of the necessary interfaces between the Citrix environment, its supported and dependent products and technologies, and other interdependent systems.
- Collects, interprets and analyzes server performance data; makes recommendations for remediation.
- Authors technical documentation related to the Citrix environment and its supporting products and technologies.
- Performs system and software patching and firmware updating; installs server hardware and operating systems.
- Assists with writing scripted applications in PowerShell and Visual Basic to automate the administration and support of (IT Services) applications and services.
- Participates in the team's on-call rotation, providing 24x7 support to technical teams and end users.
- Associate’s degree in any information technology (IT) field; AND
- Two years of IT experience that includes one year of technical experience in network operations/maintenance; OR
- Four years of IT experience that includes one year of technical experience in network operations/maintenance.
- Experience supporting a large-scale, multi-platform enterprise computing environment delivered via Citrix preferred.
- Working knowledge of Citrix XenServer 7.X, XenApp 7.X, Citrix Access Gateway, and Citrix NetScaler 11.X preferred.
- Experience in the administration of Windows 2016 server and Active Directory preferred.
- Citrix certification preferred.
- Excellent problem-solving, and oral and written communication skills required.
- Satisfactory criminal background check required.
Unified Judicial System Hiring Policy
The Unified Judicial System of Pennsylvania recruits, employs, and promotes the most qualified applicants without regard to their political affiliation, race, color, age, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, or other non-merit facts or considerations. Reasonable accommodations will be provided to applicants with disabilities as may be necessary to ensure that all applicants are given a fair and equal opportunity to compete for all employment positions. Applicants who need accommodation for an interview should request so in advance. UJS hiring and employment policies and procedures are intended to conform to all applicable state and federal laws governing fair and non-discriminatory hiring and employment practices and are subject to change as necessary to remain in compliance with such laws.
Applicants requiring accommodation, for any part of the application and/or interview process, should contact Human Resources at (717) 231-3309.