AOPC - Network Technician (18-22)
November 29, 2018
$47,051 - $55,635
This is a technical networking position on the Network Infrastructure team which applies strategies, policies, procedures, risk analysis, LAN/WAN design, and network configurations and methodologies to configure and implement new networking equipment, while troubleshooting and maintaining current networking equipment and server infrastructure for the AOPC, Unified Judicial System network (UJSNet) and various court agency systems throughout Pennsylvania. This position provides 24/7 technical support and daily operations of AOPC’s data networks, equipment, and monitoring tools.
- Supports data center equipment, LAN and WAN equipment, and wireless networks.
- Performs switching, routing, monitoring, troubleshooting, performance analysis, device configuration, and solution and design development.
- Assists in troubleshooting for remote court locations including configuration and administration of serial interfaces, sub-interfaces, Ethernet circuits, T1 and OC3 circuits, and DMVPN connectivity utilizing various methodologies supporting the hardware, software, and configurations.
- Assists in the administration, design, and development of monitoring tools that monitors LAN/WAN equipment, and server infrastructure within the AOPC data centers.
- Executes automation scripts in order to perform health checks on court case management systems.
- Performs Linux and Windows server management.
- Associate’s degree in any information technology (IT) field; AND
- One year of technical experience in network operations/maintenance; OR
- Three years of experience providing IT support services including hardware and software installation, operation, and maintenance within a network environment.
- Knowledge of: Cisco Routing & Switching and Command Line Interface (CLI); circuits such as OC3, Ethernet, T1, Wavelength, Broadband, and POTS lines; Cisco Wireless Infrastructure and Access Points; basic protocols such as BGP, EIGRP, SNMP, HSRP, SMTP, DHCP, DNS, DMVPN; and fiber and copper backbone and patch cables preferred.
- SDWAN or software defined networking experience is a plus.
- Satisfactory criminal background check required.
Unified Judicial System Hiring Policy
The Unified Judicial System of Pennsylvania recruits, employs, and promotes the most qualified applicants without regard to their political affiliation, race, color, age, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, or other non-merit facts or considerations. Reasonable accommodations will be provided to applicants with disabilities as may be necessary to ensure that all applicants are given a fair and equal opportunity to compete for all employment positions. Applicants who need accommodation for an interview should request so in advance. UJS hiring and employment policies and procedures are intended to conform to all applicable state and federal laws governing fair and non-discriminatory hiring and employment practices and are subject to change as necessary to remain in compliance with such laws.
Applicants requiring accommodation, for any part of the application and/or interview process, should contact Human Resources at (717) 231-3309.