AOPC - Active Directory & Exchange Server Technician (17-22)
October 31, 2017
December 6, 2017
$46,242 - $54,678
This is a technical position responsible for maintaining and supporting the Microsoft Exchange environment, including Exchange configuration and the servers running Exchange. The selected candidate will also support the following systems: Acronis Access, Citrix Mobile Device Management, Lyris, and multiple SMTP servers. Duties will be performed independently under moderate supervision.
- Monitors and maintains all aspects of Messaging Services, including email servers, spam filters, list servers, mobile communication, as well as client access using Outlook Web Access, Outlook clients, ActiveSync and related mobile devices.
- Assists with monitoring systems and system logs for all messaging servers.
- Troubleshoots problems related to the messaging system hardware, software, and operating environment.
- Answers end user questions and resolves problems related to (messaging) hardware and software.
- Participates in Messaging disaster recovery testing and response exercise and operations.
- Monitors Delivery Status Notifications and SMTP session logs to diagnose delivery errors, error codes, and messaging disruption issues.
- Provides specialized mobile device support.
- Performs operating system and application installations, configurations, and patches.
- Provides a point of escalation and support to the Network Operations Center.
- Coordinates hardware repairs with vendors and diagnoses software problems with vendor phone support.
- Coordinates server activities with other staff, as needed.
- Associate’s degree in any information technology field; AND
- One year of technical experience in network operations / maintenance.
- An equivalent combination of education, experience, and / or training may be considered.
- Working knowledge of Active Directory, DNS, and Windows PowerShell Scripting required.
- Rotating 24/7 on-call second-level support required.
- Participation in weekend and after-hours maintenance activities, as required.
- Satisfactory criminal background check required.
Unified Judicial System Hiring Policy
The Unified Judicial System of Pennsylvania recruits, employs, and promotes the most qualified applicants without regard to their political affiliation, race, color, age, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, or other non-merit facts or considerations. Reasonable accommodations will be provided to applicants with disabilities as may be necessary to ensure that all applicants are given a fair and equal opportunity to compete for all employment positions. Applicants who need accommodation for an interview should request so in advance. All hiring policies and procedures are intended to conform to all provisions of the Pennsylvania Human Relations Act, the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, and all other state and federal statutes governing fair and non-discriminatory hiring practices.
Applicants requiring accommodation, for any part of the application and/or interview process, should contact Human Resources at (717) 231-3309.